Monday, January 29, 2007

Work in progress

Love,
you left me high and dry
you left me dry and bitter
you left me bitter and twisted
twisted and perverted

Honey-pie,
you kept me twisting and turning
you kept me turning and dizzy
you kept me dizzy and confused
confused and lost

baby,
you brought me fruit and flowers
you brought me flowers and thorns
you brought me thorns and briars
briars and the rose

and all the roses and briars
the thorns and the flowers
left me lost and confused
dizzy and turning
perverted and twisted
bitter, dry and high


The above, is my first draft of a poem that has been bubbling under this week - influenced by Bob Marley's Them belly full..., there's a bit of a rolling lyric in that song, and I thought I'd use the form myself. First thoughts - I don't like the wrap up at the end - it's not punchy enough, but I'm going to perform it tomorrow night and see how it 'feels' in my mouth.

No comments: